Buy a Villa vs Buying a Condo in Hua Hin
This should be researched by you when looking at the prospect of buying a property in Hua Hin so that you know once you are here in Hua Hin you know exactly what you are looking for, speak to one or two agents and they can give you advise on this, we suggest making contact by getting their contact details from their website, all good real estate agencies in Hua Hin should have a good web presence these days.
Buy a Villa or House in Hua Hin : Most villas and houses in the Hua Hin area are at least a 5 minute drive out of the centre of Hua Hin town and some are further, on average if you buy a villa in Hua Hin you will be between a 5 and 15 minute drive away from the centre of town.
Areas would be either North Hua Hin, West Hua Hin or the South and South West areas, as an agency we tend to promote more properties in either the West, or South and South West, we do sell a few properties in the North but we feel you are limited for options and also the North is not as nice for various reasons for which we can discuss further with you if you wanted.
The benefit of buying a Villa or House in Hua Hin is they offer great value for money, you can get a really great quality pool villa in Hua Hin, furnished with 3 bedrooms starting at approximately 7,000,000 THB, you will be in a peaceful area of Hua Hin and have nice privacy if you buy a property Hua Hin.
Most of the housing developments that we promote offer a minibus service into town a few times every day for those that don’t drive, for a large proportion of the people that live here for longer periods of time they will either buy a car or motorbike to get around on.
Most of our clients prefer villas as they find they have a lot of room, privacy, a pool and in a nice relaxing area.
Buying a condo in Hua Hin : A small proportion of our business involves selling condos in Hua Hin, for every 10 clients we have that buy a property in Hua Hin only 1 of them is a condo buyer, all the rest buy villas or houses and there is various reasons for this.
- Condos in Hua Hin do not offer great value for money, they are in our opinion expensive for what they are and a small condo such as a studio a couple hundred meters walk from the beach is going to start at about 2,000,000 Baht and an average size for that studio would be 30 Sqm.
- If you wanted a large condo with a sea view and let’s as an example say 2 bedrooms with 100 Sqm of living space, you are looking at a minimum spend of 10 Mil Baht and sometimes much more.
Benefits of buying a condo in Hua Hin :
- Close to town and the beach.
- Lock and leave.
- No private transport needed.
Mostly if you buy a condo in Hua Hin you would be someone who stays in Hua Hin on a short-term basis.
Choosing a good real estate agent in Hua Hin
When it comes down to choosing a real estate agent to work with in Hua Hin to find your ideal property to purchase here are a few points to look at :
- A good selection of different properties listed on their company website is important.
- Most clients will go about finding a real estate agent online before arriving in Hua Hin on your property search, you want an agent that is responsive on emails and doesn’t keep you waiting more that 24-48 hours for replies.
- Check that they have business premises you can visit if need be.
- Ensure they are listening to you and send property suggestions that in some way suit what you are looking for rather than suggesting to you what they want to sell to you.
- Ask them how long they have been selling property here in Hua Hin, experience is essential and ideally you want to work with an agent with at least 5 year’s experience here and to be honest this should be easy to find out.
- Check their company reviews, ask around and all reputable real estate agencies in Hua Hin should be able to provide you with some references if requested.
- Non Pushy agent, there is nothing worse than a pushy agent that continues talking just for the sake of it and doesn’t listen to your wants and needs, buying a second home in any country is probably one of the biggest purchases you will ever make and from your agent you want to be educated, need them to listen and gives good clear advise when appropriate.
Hire a good lawyer when buying a property in Hua Hin
It’s imperative that you hire a good lawyer when purchasing a property here in Hua Hin and to be honest, wherever you buy a property in the world we need to be able to hire someone who will look after our best interest at all times.
- We suggest, having a search on Google, send a few emails out to different law firms and see what type of response you get to your questions.
- Check out their reviews.
- Ask around, there is plenty of previous buyers that will have used lawyers.
- Ask your agent for some recommendations if you want, generally when we are asked for good law firms we suggest 3 or 4 different companies that our clients have previously worked with, and know provide a good service, they are all totally independent and of-course you can choose any lawyer and law firm that suits you.
Please don’t hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions regarding buying a property in Hua Hin.